Note: This was originally written as a Facebook post, but I was asked to put it on my blog, to make it easier to share outside Facebook. Enjoy!
A quick update on the state of American Politics, 2019…
This will be just a bit difficult to follow, but please try, because this is an accurate description of everything going on in Washington DC, today.
We have an investigation investigating why we are investigating an investigation. We will soon be able to answer a number of questions, thanks to the investigation, the investigation of the investigation, and the investigation investigating why we are investigating an investigation. Those questions are:
1) Was the investigation started under false pretenses, using documents known to be fake as justification for a FISA warrant? If so, who was involved?
2) Did the people being illegally investigated obstruct justice? Mueller said that the investigation was never obstructed, so you would think that the answer would be ‘no’, but apparently the House wants to investigate whether or not anyone obstructed the investigation without obstructing the investigation, because that’s suddenly a thing someone can do.
3) Is anyone obstructing the investigation of the investigation, or the investigation of the investigation of the investigation?
4) Are the investigators investigating the investigation of the investigation of the investigation obstructing the investigation of the investigation, or the investigation?
5) Is the investigation of the investigation an obstruction of either the investigation of the investigation of the investigation, or a deflection of the results of the investigation?
6) Do we need to investigate the investigation of the investigation, and/or the investigation of the investigation of the investigation, to see if the investigation of the investigation is obstructing the investigation of the investigation of the investigation, or if the investigation of the investigation of the investigation is obstructing the investigation of the investigation?
7) Did I repeat myself anywhere above? That does not require an investigation, but if you can in any way possibly tell whether or not I did (with any degree of certainty), you might be a genius…
If the answer to any of that is yes, then we will need to investigate, because it could have a profound effect on the 2020 election, and the American voter deserves to know.
And oh yeah – whatever the case, we need to impeach Trump.
Oh – and by the way… Since you can now obstruct justice without obstructing justice, I could take the above questions to a whole new level, repeating each one to see if any of the investigations obstructed any of the other the investigations without obstructing any of the investigations, which is to say, did they do anything to obstruct the investigations that qualifies as obstruction of the investigations, that did not actually obstruct the investigations? I’m not going to take things to that level only because, if I DID take this whole sad state of affairs to that level, it would give everyone a headache, myself included.
Some people may have a headache already, and I kept things simple…
And the crazy thing is that we really are doing all of that, including the impeachment part, now that Pelosi’s office has leaked that she is going to change her mind and join the impeachment crowd in about two weeks, in spite of the fact that the Democrats still have no impeachable offense to impeach Trump for. The Democrats, with help from Justin Amash (a Republican investigating whether or not to run in 2020 as a libertarian, who says that impeachment does not require an impeachable offense, and that Trump’s conduct reaches the threshold for impeachment, as there apparently is no such threshold to meet) are going to impeach Trump for something relating to obstruction, that they don’t know that he did, and that did not obstruct justice.
Which brings us to……. I could take all of that to another level, looking at how each of the aforementioned investigations of investigations, etc., etc., etc., could have been obstructed by conduct attempting to obstruct without actually obstructing justice, that could then be used as justification to impeach the President, by rising to a threshold of conduct that does not exist – which, by the way, is exactly what the Democrats are going to impeach Trump for.
That really is the level of madness this has gone to, and that really is where the Democrats are going, according to Pelosi’s office. Only nobody can understand it, including the Democrats, who are reportedly to start impeachment hearings in about two weeks.
Those impeachment hearings will investigate… Oh – never mind!!
How anyone can ever vote for a Democrat, ever again, is beyond me………